Atlantic Supply Base is a Faroese owned oil industry Logistics Company, which was established in 1999. Atlantic Supply Base's main objective is to provide integrated supply base services to Oil Companies engaged in offshore exploration and production in the North Atlantic, especially on the Faroes CS and on the Atlantic Margin.
Atlantic Supply Base is a broad-based enterprise with local government and private companies committing resources and capital to ensure provision of the highest standards of service. The majority of the larger companies in the Faroes are associated with the Atlantic Supply Base,
as service providers, investors or both.
Atlantic Supply BaseISO 9001:2008 system was recertified in August 2014.
- ABS is the only operational supply base in the Faroe Islands
- 110 m quayside, 12 m depths
- 12.000 m2 ISPS fenced laydown area, addional 10.000 m2 outdoor storage, 2.500 m2 warehoses, incl 330 m2 office
- 120 m3/h oil supply, 100 m3/h fresh water, 40 t/m2 max workload, duty free zone, workable 24h
- 2-16 ton foklifts all cranage up to 220 ton meter
- Successfully supported the drilling of all wells drilled in the Faroese from 2001-2014
- Located centrally in the only all-weather harbour of the Faroes
- Awarded the contract for all exploration wells in the first Faroese licensing round
- Excellent working relationships with major international oil and service companies
- Established a powerful network of international and local co-operation partners
- Well positioned to service West of Shetland and Northern North Sea operations
- Awarded to support the well on the Faroes CS which was drilled by Eni in 2010.
- Awarded to support the well on the Faroes CS which was drilled by Statoil in 2012 and 2014.
The Atlantic Supply Base is centrally located at the port of Runavík, an ideal location for a supply base.
Runavík is under one hour’s drive from the capital, Tórshavn, and one hour from Vágar Airport.
Runavik is well known as a particularly safe harbour, well protected from the large Atlantic waves, yet experiencing no swell and no tidal effects, such that on any day of the year irrespective of weather, it is possible to sail into and out of the harbour safely.
The depth of the fjord ranges from 20 to 75 meters.
The port of Runavík currently provides vessels with non-stop servicing and 24 hours access, 365 days a year.
The port of Runavík has status as tax-free zone.
Mobile: +298 563000